I Quit My Job


After nearly 3 years of faithful service to the same job, I quit. That’s right friend, you are now reading the words of a professional stay-at-home wife, and soon to be stay-at-home Mom. Now before you get all judgy, let me explain to you why:



I kind of hated my job. I enjoyed it for most of the time I was working there, but the past several months have not been great. Pregnant or not, it was time to leave. After I got turned down for a promotion, I saw no potential for growth with the company. Add on top of that an increasing of drama, and it was no longer a good place to be. My job was adding too much unnecessary stress on my life. Not the nurturing environment a pregnant person needs.

Also, it was just a retail job. And if you’ve never worked retail, count your blessings. Retail sucks, and working retail when you are pregnant sucks even worse. I feel like all the normal aches and pains that come with pregnancy were made worse because I was on my feet and moving around all day. I’m definitely looking forward to kicking my feet up more often.

The biggest reason I quit was because I felt like I was wasting my time. Lately I’ve realized I have tons of goals and dreams for my life, none of which involve working a part-time retail job. It got to the point where I felt like the time I spent at work was time I was putting my goals and dreams on hold.



Now you may be asking, “What about the money?” I know I have been. It’s probably going to be a little rough going from a 2 income home to a single income home. But truthfully, I wasn’t making that much money, mostly just enough for us to have a little extra fun. It was never enough for us to live off of. Luckily my husband and I are pretty minimalistic and reasonable with our spending habits. We try to only buy the things we need, or the things we know we will use. And really, when I am able to stay at home and take care of our daughter full time, I know the sacrifice will be worth it.

So what am I doing now? Mostly a ton of baby prep: cleaning, nesting, and creating space for our little one. (Somehow I have to convert our spare bedroom from a storage unit to a nursery……...) You’ll also see me on the blog more often. I have some big plans for the future of my blog that I’m pretty excited about, so keep your eyes out and make sure you subscribe so you don’t miss out!

A small part of me is a little sad to be leaving the working world (and my discount), but it’s a very small part. Mostly, I’m just excited to be starting a new adventure. I’m looking forward to motherhood, and I feel so fortunate that I can stay home full time with my baby. I know not every woman who wants to can, so I am truly grateful. I’m also anxious to start working towards some of my other dreams and goals.



Wish me luck! I'll probably need it so I don't go stir crazy before the month is up.......

Comments

Popular Posts