SWEAT app Body and Mind program Review





Since becoming pregnant, a lot of changes have been happening. Both in my body and in my life.

One of the biggest changes I've made is my fitness routine. If you've been following my blog, you know I downloaded the Sweat app and for a while I was doing the BBG workouts. Once I became pregnant though, the workouts were just a little too intense for me. So I switched to the BAM program (Body and Mind). It’s a yoga based program with a similar schedule to the BBG program.

Is the SWEAT App With Kayla Itsines Worth $20 a Month? HereĆ¢€™s How to Decide

Each week consists of the following:

2-3 resistance exercises: 
The resistance exercises are a Yoga flow with Sjana Elise. There are 3 different flows each week that focus on a different part of the body. On the Sweat app, you can chose to have an audio and video guided workout. Each yoga flow is broken down into sections and it gives you the option to take a break between each section and preview what's next, or go right on ahead and power through.

3-4 LISS:
For LISS (low intensity steady state) it is recommended to go for a walk or do some light cardio, but I prefer to do a prenatal specific workout instead. I find these on YouTube or on the FitOn app which I will review in a later post.

2 rehabilitations:
For rehabilitation you have a choice between Yin Yoga, foam rolling, or a rest day. The Yin Yoga is so relaxing! If you've never tried Yin Yoga before, it's a style of yoga where you hold the poses for a long time to get a deeper stretch. There have been a few times when I feel really low energy because of pregnancy and I choose to do a Yin Yoga instead of the resistance or LISS.

How to Use Yoga to Boost Your Energy and Get Centered | Try this at-home yoga workout to get an energy boosting lift.


When I was still doing the BBG program I would try out some of the BAM workouts to switch things up a bit and I really enjoyed them. The style of yoga is a vinyasa flow, so you definitely get your heart rate pumping, while still benefiting from the relaxation of a yoga practice. Once I switched over to the BAM program, I fell in love with it even more. Each day is a little different, but there's still strong consistency in the structure of the flow from day to day, which is perfect for a creature of habit like me.

In terms of difficulty, I would say this program falls more into an intermediate level of yoga. I've been doing yoga for years so it's perfect for me, because I'm familiar with the poses and I don't have to watch the videos as much. For someone who is new to yoga, it might be a little too fast paced or confusing. The poses aren't broken down or explained at all, similar to the exercises in the BBG program. If you are new to yoga and looking for a yoga program to try I would recommend Leslie Fightmaster or Yoga with Adrienne on YouTube. They have lots of beginner workouts and they both really break down the structure and proper positioning of each pose. And of course, if you have the opportunity to take a live class with an in person instructor, I would definitely recommend it to help with alignment.


I have really loved this program for pregnancy. It’s easy enough that I don’t have to make too many modifications, but still challenging enough to get my heart rate up. It also feels so good to stretch and move in the morning with all the aches and pains that have been slowly creeping in with pregnancy.

Have you tried the Body and Mind Program? If so, what did you think?


Comments

Popular Posts