What's inside my gym bag?

If you are about to start a gym habit, you may be at a loss for what to bring in your gym bag. When it comes to over packing, I'm kind of a pro, but after a little trial and error, these are my essentials. When I go to the gym, I work HARD which means I get all kinds of sweaty by the time I'm done. I like to shower after a gym workout, because........sweat........and also.......germs. I've included my favorite products to keep my hair, body, and face feeling fresh and clean after a good sweat sesh, as well as a few other items that make working out a bit easier.


Headphones:

I love using a pair of bluetooth headphones. My favorites are the Aftershocks. I always have a backup pair of headphones like the Happy Plugs, in case my bluetooth headphones aren't charged. I don't know about you, but I love having music when I workout! I have a playlist of all my favorite pump up jams to keep me motivated at the gym.

Tennis Ball:

I'm not a tennis player, but tennis balls make a great portable massage tool. It's squishy enough to not kill your sore muscles, and small enough to really dig in and target what's sore. I like to use it on my calves or my feet when I'm feeling a bit tight before a run.

Resistance Band:

Maybe it's the dancer in me, but I like to have a resistance band nearby. It's mostly out of habit, but it's also a great way to add resistance to your workouts if you don't want to use weights, or don't have access to them. Almost every weighted exercise can be done with a resistance band. They are also really great for warming up and increasing range of motion before you hit the weights hard.

Toothbrush and Toothpaste:

I like to keep a backup toothbrush and a travel size toothpaste in my gym bag so I can brush my teeth before a workout. Lately I've been loving the Enamel Care by Burt's Bees. It's a natural toothpaste and it has a light peppermint flavor that I love.

Hair Accessories:

I'm a forgetful person. So I need to have backup hair ties in case the one I always keep on my wrist decided to stay on the bathroom counter. I keep several in my bag so that I always have a few if I forget to replace the one I used. I also like to keep a few bobby pins in an old Altoids tin to pin away the whispies, and a hair clip to pull my hair back in the shower if I'm not washing it. I also have a fold-able travel Wet Brush that I use to detangle and style my hair.

Hair Products:

Hairspray and dry shampoo are a must when I'm not washing my hair. I am loving the Refresh & Go Dry Shampoo from Pureology along with the Soft Finish Hairspray. When I do wash my hair, I have the Biolage Colorlast Shampoo and Conditioner, the Pureology Colour Fanatic Leave-in conditioner, and the Ouidad Oil. I pack the minis in my gym bag because they are lighter and they don't take up as much space.

Body Products:

I'm kind of obsessed with Native. It's an all natural personal hygiene line that actually works. I love their bar soap and deodorant. It keeps me smelling fresh and feeling clean. (If you want 20% off your first order of Native products use the code 20_brittany.talbert3). For after my shower I also have a travel size Hempz lotion to moisturize and smell extra good.

Face Products:

I have a pretty extensive skin care routine, and I love these minis from Bioelements. I have the Decongestant Cleanser, the Equalizer Toner, the Absolute Moisture face lotion, and the Pumice Peel when I need a little extra exfoliation. Keeping minis in my gym bag allows me to keep up with my skin care routine even if I'm not home. Plus, these minis are super easy to refill with my full size products.

Makeup:

I keep the absolute essentials in my gym bag when it comes to makeup, meaning I have just enough to create a minimalist, no makeup look. This includes, Sheer tint from Dermalogica with SPF, Youngblood loose mineral foundation, Youngblood contour kit, Maybeline tattoo brow, and It Cosmetics Bye Bye under eye. I can do a quick 5 minute make-up look with these products, so I feel put together before leaving the gym. I also keep a lip balm in my bag. I love #thisiseverything from Nyx. It has a subtle pink tint to it, so it looks like I'm wearing a lip gloss without drying out my lips.

Pain Management:

I keep a travel size bottle of ibuprofen just in case. I also have a peppermint and lavender oil blend for sore muscles.

So there you have it, my gym bag essentials. These are the items I use to help me feel fresh and clean after a sweaty workout.

What's inside your gym bag?

Comments

Popular Posts