Favorite Smoothie Recipe

If you've ever hung out with me in the morning, you've probably seen me drinking something green or gray from a giant Mason Jar as big as my head. As gross as it may look, it's actually a super tasty nutritious smoothie!


I love having a giant smoothie for breakfast in the morning! It's a fast and easy way to add extra nutrients to my diet. I've played around with smoothie recipes for a few years, and this is by far the best I've found. The original recipe comes from YouTuber Sara Therese (You can find her version here: https://youtu.be/YXfTb6tnoCc). It fills me up until lunch time and it's full of good stuff! If you're someone who isn't super hungry in the morning, a smoothie is a great way to start your day because it's something you can sip slowly throughout your morning. OR if you're someone who is starving first thing in the morning, a smoothie is a great way to fill you up on good stuff before you reach for the Poptarts and leftover chocolate cake.


Green Goddess:

This is the OG most basic smoothie I make.

2 cups of liquid (I like Unsweetened Almond Milk or Aloe Vera Juice)
6 cups of Spinach and/or Kale (I keep mine in the freezer)
1 Frozen banana
2 Tbsp Hemp, Chia, and Flax seed blend
1 Scoop Vega Vanilla Protein & Greens
A dash of Cinnamon

When I'm feeling a little fancy........

Try the gray stuff it's delicious:

Add in all the ingredients listed above with
1-2 cups of Frozen Berries

Why do I love this recipe (besides it's obvious deliciousness)? It's packed full of nutrients that will help improve your overall health like iron from the spinach, calcium from the almond milk, protein from the protein powder, antioxidants from the berries, fatty acids from the seeds, digestive health from the aloe vera juice, and so much more. I could probably write a very long research paper on the benefits of drinking this smoothie......but I won't because it would probably be super boring to read and googling it is much more exciting.........

So don't just take my word for it! Try it out and let me know what you think!

What's your favorite smoothie recipe?



Comments

Popular Posts