How I got Rid of my Acne for good

Do you struggle with getting rid of your acne? So did I. For years. I tried just about every acne product and magic pill and nothing was working. Sound familiar? Keep reading to find out how I finally got rid of my acne. 

2 years ago before I started this skin care routine

Now. Minimal acne, more even skin tone, brighter complexion


This skin care routine has kept my acne to a minimum for almost 2 years now, which is impressive because in those 2 years I was pregnant, gave birth, and went through postpartum hormone shifts! I still get the occasional zit, but rarely do I get more than 2 at a time. The key to my skin care routine is that it's super simple, so it's easy to maintain. The products I use change over time, but the routine itself stays the same. I've included links to some of my favorite products so you can recreate the routine. 

Here's how it works:

Step One: Cleanse

Twice a day I cleanse my skin. 

In the morning I do a power cleanse with my cleanser and an exfoliating powder. For the longest time I was afraid of over exfoliation, but then I learned that acne is actually caused by sebum getting trapped under a layer of skin. When I use a gentle exfoliator on a daily basis, I breakout less. Exfoliating in the morning is also great for smoothing out your skin texture to make makeup application easier. 

In the evening I do a double cleanse. I start by removing my makeup with coconut oil and a microfiber cloth. A double cleanse is so important for your skin. Using an oil cleanser helps to break down makeup, SPF, and pollutants on your skin making your cleanser more effective. Once all my makeup is gone, I wash with my cleanser. 

Best Cleansers: Clearing Skin Wash, Milk Cleanser, Hydrating Facial Cleanser

Exfoliating Powder: Daily Microfoliant

Microfiber Cloths: Seint Cloths


Step Two: Toner

After cleansing my skin I keep it wet, either with a toner or facial mist or by skipping the towel. Doing this not only helps your next products apply better, but it helps your skin absorb them for maximum efficiency. 

Toners: Multi-Active Toner, Milk Toner


Step Three: Mask (once a week)

Once a week I use a mask. The type of mask I use depends on what my skin needs are. Using a mask consistently is a great way to ensure a deep cleanse for your skin, and give it tons of other great benefits. After rinsing off my mask, I reapply my toner or facial mist, or I leave my face wet to prepare it for the next step. 

Masks: Healing Clay Mask, Milk Masque


Step Four: Moisturize

If you struggle with acne or oily skin, you probably think you should avoid moisturizers or pick really lightweight ones, but actually the opposite is true. Your skin produces oils to create a moisturizing barrier. So if you want less oil, you need to moisturize more. 

Moisturizers: Moisturizing Lotion, Milk Creme


I'm not fancy yo. The most extravagant I get with my skin care routine is when I do my face mask. But because my routine is simple, I've been able to keep up with it even when my life gets crazy busy. Skin care should not be complicated. Choosing a simple routine with effective products is better because you will be able to keep up with it on a consistent basis. 

What does your skin care routine look like?

If you want to see even more skin care tips and tricks, subscribe to the blog and follow me on instagram @brittany.talbert3


Comments

Popular Posts